Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Midweek Meditation: "On Prayer" (Billy Graham)


Billy Graham passed away on Feb 21st, 2018. At the heart of preaching the gospel is a heart of prayer. Learn from Graham about prayer.
  • "Many times I have been driven to prayer. When I was in Bible school I didn't know what to do with my life. I used to walk the streets . . . and pray, sometimes for hours at a time. In His timing, God answered those prayers, and since then prayer has been an essential part of my life."
  • "If there are any tears shed in heaven, they will be over the fact that we prayed so little."
  • "Prayer is crucial in evangelism: Only God can change the heart of someone who is in rebellion against Him. No matter how logical our arguments or how fervent our appeals, our words will accomplish nothing unless God's Spirit prepares the way."
  • "We should not pray for God to be on our side, but pray that we may be on God's side."
  • "I believe we should pray that God will take possession of our lives totally and completely. We should pray that we will be emptied of self - self-love, self-will, self-ambition - and be placed completely at his disposal."
c

No comments:

Latest Posts

Headlines